Electrical and Instrument Technician
Clearon Corp. is a specialty chemical manufacturer based in Charleston, West Virginia.We are committed to the development and manufacturing of innovative chemistries and novel delivery solutions to the delight of our customers. Clearon consistently provides excellent customer service and product stewardship support in a highly regulated environment. We are committed to maintaining safe and reliable operations for our employees, and the communities in which we operate.
Electrical and Instrument Technicians perform electrical and instrument maintenance activities in a team atmosphere to meet or exceed Clearon Corp.’s safety, environmental, and production goals.This position keeps the production units and supporting facilities in the utmost reliable working condition.The E/I Technicians are expected to use sound judgment to make decisions that will contribute to the overall plant efficiency, objectives and policies.Safety and environmental issues are foremost in the overall consideration in forming these judgments.Position requires working shifts, weekends, holidays and occasional overtime.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities include the following but are not intended to represent all job responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Perform work in compliance with plant and specific area safety regulations.
- Install, troubleshoot, calibrate, and repair various types of pneumatic and electronic instruments; automatic valves; and related equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, calibrate, and repair electrical motors; lighting circuits; and miscellaneous electrical equipment.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance on same equipment.
- Support plant programs, industry standards and government regulations such as: Clearon QIT, CRC, MOC and critical safety programs such as PSM, NEC, OSHA, NFPA, etc.
- Be knowledgeable, trained and adhere to all federal regulations and company policies pertaining to pollution and hazardous materials. Report all irregularities to supervision or the environmental department.
- Perform work with minimum supervision from written or verbal work orders.
- Perform housekeeping to maintain clean, neat and safe work standards.
- Adhere to all established work rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in electrical engineering technology or equivalent technical school degree.
- WV Journeyman Electrician License preferred.
- Ability to successfully complete Clearon Corp.’s internal E/I technician training programs.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in troubleshooting software, hardware and configuration issues in DCS and PLC systems.
- Safe and proper operation of shop power equipment; ordinary hand and power tools; and instrumentation and electrical testing equipment.
- Safe operation of overhead cranes, mobile crane, fork trucks, scissors lift, snorkel lift, etc.
- Knowledge of instrumentation systems in fluid and solid handling processes, including level, PH, pressure, temperature, flow measurement, and control devices.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in interpreting specifications, drawings and instructions to assist in the installation, troubleshooting, calibration and repair of instruments, electrical devices and systems.
- Knowledge of electrical power and motor control circuitry, including measurement of amps, volts, watts, resistance, etc. required to determine power calculations and electrical hazards.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment as an electrical and instrument technician; or,
- Combination of related technical education and work experience
Equipment Specific Knowledge
A working knowledge of the following specific equipment is preferred but not required:Fisher & Porter / Bailey DCI-5000 / System 6; PLC's GE Fanuc 90-30; Rosemount Instrumentation; ABB Magmeters; Great Lakes PH Probes; Masoneillan Complex Control Valves; etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving, mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions.The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.The noise level in the work environment frequently requires hearing protection.Employees must be able to wear a respirator.
Clearon Corp is and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V