Clearon Corp. is a premier, world-class manufacturer and worldwide supplier of water treatment chemicals. We are an established and growing company based in Charleston, WV that offers an attractive benefits package. Clearon Corp. is committed to providing superior water treatment products through a combination of outstanding customer service, high-quality standards, dedication, and professionalism.
South Charleston, WV
Directly supervises E/I hourly Technicians in the E/I Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This Position Reports To
- Maintenance Manager
- Enforce Federal and Clearon safety rules and regulations.
- Plan, schedule, estimate and prioritize work for E/I technicians to best meet production demands.
- Utilize SAP work order system to track past, present and future work to improve equipment reliability and individual job performance.
- Ensure the current implementation of job specific critical safety device checks, preventative maintenance, calibrations and safety related procedures.
- Inspect test equipment and have certified as needed to meet proper standards of calibration.
- Be knowledgeable to assist Technicians, as needed, in diagnoses of equipment failures, troubleshooting control circuits and instrument calibrations. On off-hours Supervisor should expect to be contacted first by the Maintenance or Production on-call personnel for issues listed.
- Ensure the technicians have the proper tools and instructions to perform job tasks and inspect work in progress.
- Maintain time, overtime, attendance, vacation day records for technicians.
- Initiate plans to improve working conditions, motivate workers and increase overall efficiency.
- Be knowledgeable of electrical and instrument control applications to plan, layout, secure material, markup P&IDs for basic installations.
- Implement and manage yearly shift selection and vacation selection by department policies.
- Support plant programs, industry standards and government regulations such as: Clearon MOC, SETCO project reviews and critical safety programs such as PSM, NEC, OSHA, NFPA, etc.
- Required to be on an 'on call' rotation that it utilized throughout the year.
- Associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, relevant Technical field experience in a Manufacturing/Chemical plant will be considered.
- Master Electrician's license preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and SAP.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written in dealing directly with management, peers, and entire workforce.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, or sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to pass and maintain respiratory fit testing conducted by company’s medical department and capable of donning personal protective equipment required to protect employee from work hazards.
- Ability to enter confined spaces defined by OSHA and as administered by company.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Work near and /or on moving, mechanical parts.
- Exposed to high, precarious places.
- Environment may contain fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- Work in high noise levels with hearing protection.
- Preform work while wearing respirator.
- Day shift and will be required to be on call and available for off hour situations requiring E/I guidance.
Clearon Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V