Clearon Corp. is a premier, world-class manufacturer and worldwide supplier of water treatment chemicals.
South Charleston, WV
Plans, directs, implements and coordinates environmental programs to ensure a safe and accident-free work environment for our employees and the public and to ensure compliance with all necessary local, state, and federal safety regulations. Assists in planning and directing emergency response programs for internal emergencies involving company facilities and products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides overall coordination and guidance to site environmental program activities.
- Plans and implements environmental policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Plans and directs training of employees in environmental policies, procedures, and practices.
- Evaluate facility data to assure compliance for emissions, permitting, and daily manufacturing activities and report promptly all excursions from applicable standards for regulations.
- Develops all necessary environmental permit applications and provides guidance on permit matters; coordinates all activities necessary to obtain agency approval of permits.
- Analyzes and determines causes for any environmental upset or non-compliance condition.
- Serves as primary emergency contact and responds as necessary for all environmental emergencies and issues; accompanies any federal or state environmental agency personnel on audits and inspections.
- Assists in developing emergency response plans and training necessary to meet all foreseen emergencies involving company facilities or products.
- Works closely with outside agencies (Kanawha Putnam Emergency Planning Commission, So. Charleston Fire Dept., etc.), and neighboring chemical plants to ensure comprehensive community emergency response; familiarize these groups with our facilities and procedures and obtain their cooperation during drills and emergencies.
- Assists in planning and directing training of employees in fire prevention, emergency response, correct handling techniques for chemicals, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Participates in the review of new capital installations, and changes in processes, equipment or procedures.
- Conducts regular safety and environmental audits and inspections of Company facilities. Initiates corrective action as appropriate for any deficiencies found.
- Develop, implement and conduct HSE training programs.
- Develop, implement and audit HSE policies.
- Serves as a resource to all employees on HSE matters, issues, requests, and questions.
- Participates on emergency response activities, which may include Hazmat team duties.
- Participates on injury and incident investigations, design hazard reviews, and reviews of changing equipment, processes, or procedures.
- Coordination of the sites Process Safety Program to meet OSHA PSM requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or engineering, safety technology, or related field, with experience in air, waste, and/or water regulations.
- Three+ years of practical experience in environmental compliance and/or safety fields in a chemical manufacturing setting preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal and West Virginia regulations, regulatory process, and permit application process.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements including Environmental (Air, Water, and Waste), RMP, RCRA, DOT, LDAR, and OSHA/Health & Safety.
Clearon Corp. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
For more information or to apply please go to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=CLEARON&jobId=214982&lang=en_US&source=CC3