About Clearon: Clearon Corp. is a premier, world-class manufacturer and worldwide supplier of water treatment chemicals. For over 50 years, our products have been used in a variety of market applications across the globe. The company is committed to the development and manufacturing of innovative chemistries and novel delivery solutions to the delight of our customers. Clearon consistently provides excellent customer service and product stewardship support in a highly regulated environment. Clearon is committed to maintaining safe and reliable operations for our employees, and the communities in which we operate.
Location: South Charleston, WV
Scope: The laboratory technician supports general plant activities through qualitative analyses of the entire chemical process from receipt of raw materials through intermediate processing to final product disposition. Laboratory technicians work a rotating 12-hour shift that includes weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime. Applicants must satisfactorily complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check, and a post-offer physical.
This Position Reports to: Quality Manager
• Support production
• Perform all process control/finished product analyses in a timely manner
• Assist in controlling Clearon product quality through routine checks
• Approve product batches for shipment
• Perform routine analysis on waste streams to ensure compliance with NPDES permitting
• Provide area monitoring during emergency events.
• Associate degree in chemistry or related field
• Hands-on experience in analytical chemistry, wet chemistry analysis, gas chromatography, and atomic absorption spectroscopy
• Ability to troubleshoot basic laboratory problems
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Effective communication skills both oral and written
• 2–5 years experience in a laboratory environment, preferably in support of a chemical plant
• Must possess and maintain a valid West Virginia state driver’s license.
Clearon is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D