Clearon Corp. is a specialty chemical manufacturer based in Charleston, West Virginia. We are committed to the development and manufacturing of innovative chemistries and novel delivery solutions to the delight of our customers. Clearon consistently provides excellent customer service and product stewardship support in a highly regulated environment. We are committed to maintaining safe and reliable operations for our employees, and the communities in which we operate.
South Charleston, WV
Working primarily day shift, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for safely executing of maintenance plan.
This Position Reports To:
- Maintenance Leader
Major Responsibilities/Accountabilities :
Include the following but are not intended to represent all job responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Direct and supervise the work performance of hourly employees to ensure assignments are completed in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Instruct hourly employees in detail of the work they perform and in accordance with standard operating procedures, allot work, and observe performance in detail. Conducts daily general safety training.
- Provide performance feedback to employees. Develop plans to close gaps/deficiencies and follow-up tracking for individual employees. Provide/arrange job specific training.
- Participates in weekly scheduling/planning meeting for maintenance schedule. Provides feedback on schedule completion for metrics.
- Function as first line technical support including troubleshooting to maintenance technicians.
- Initiate, define, record and investigate all accidents, injuries, operating violations, safety and/or environmental violations and poor work performances.
- Facilitate labor relations with hourly employees according to labor agreement and Company policies and procedures. Manages and assigns overtime; administer record keeping for payroll.
- Facilitate and maintain housekeeping standards for Maintenance Shop
- Work with operations, engineering, Health and Safety and environmental compliance and permitting on design reviews, preconstruction items, PHA’s MOC’s, and PSSR’s.
- Review and analyze various reliability, planning and scheduling data to monitor preventative and predictive maintenance program compliance.
- Interface and coordinate with engineering personnel providing input/ideas on projects related to equipment design and needs for ongoing expansion projects.
- Requires availability for “On Call” process.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not required
- Experience: 5 to 7 years’ experience in industrial operations. Preferred supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, write, and interpret common operational, mechanical, regulatory, and technical documents. Ability to effectively communicate and listen with diverse work group. Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to communicate those same conclusions in both written and oral format. Ability to understand and solve complex problems. Ability to make decisions based on fact and reason rather than emotion.
- Special Demands: Ability to lead and participate in an Emergency Response Team compliant with all federal, state, and company rules and regulations.
- Physical Ability: Employee must pass respirator fit testing conducted by Clearon’s Medical Department and capable of donning personal protective equipment required to protect employee from work hazards. Employee must be able to be an active participant in chemical plant emergency response.
- Other: Confident, rounded thinking. Is self-aware. Is resilient, optimistic and open to change. Has an Adult:Adult, collaborative approach to others. A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others. Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude.
Ability to work on call and off hour shifts as needed. Employee must be able to review and adhere to Safety and Health Considerations for the given areas regarding process hazards and employee safety.
Clearon Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V