Clearon Corp. is a premier, world-class manufacturer and worldwide supplier of water treatment chemicals.
South Charleston, WV
The Manufacturing Specialist position provides leadership and troubleshooting abilities to all production and maintenance shift personnel. This position specializes in field abilities and mechanical knowledge to accomplish the same. Manufacturing specialists will gain technical expertise in the production process and will lead/participate in shift emergency response activities. This is a rotating shift, hands-on, in-the-production unit position.
This Position Reports To
- Production Superintendent/Manager
- Provide leadership and troubleshooting abilities to shift personnel.
- Develop technical abilities relative to production process.
- Mentor and educate workforce in chemical process day-to-day operations.
- Maintain and improve product quality.
- Train and become integral part of plant Emergency Response Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering preferred, Associate’s degree in science related field and/or relevant experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of unit operations including fluid flow, heat transfer, process control, and equipment specification.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to lead and participate in a Emergency Response Team compliant with all federal, state, and company rules and regulations.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written in dealing directly with management, peers, and entire workforce.
- Ability to climb stairs, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass and maintain respiratory fit testing conducted by company’s medical department and capable of donning personal protective equipment required to protect employee from work hazards.
- Ability to enter confined spaces defined by OSHA and as administered by company.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment.
- 12-hour rotating shift is typical.
Clearon Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V