Clearon Corp. is a specialty chemical manufacturer based in Charleston, West Virginia. We are committed to the development and manufacturing of innovative chemistries and novel delivery solutions to the delight of our customers. Clearon consistently provides excellent customer service and product stewardship support in a highly regulated environment. We are committed to maintaining safe and reliable operations for our employees, and the communities in which we operate.
South Charleston, WV
Working within the manufacturing organization – the Mechanical Engineer has primary responsibility for mechanical reliability/performance for the site. This position will be the subject matter expert related to all rotating mechanical equipment on site.
This Position Reports To
• Site Maintenance Leader
The following are not intended to represent all job responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Monitor/trend, identify and develop solutions to mechanical equipment issues (accuracy, high downtime, high maintenance cost &/or high quantity of repetitive failures).
• Develop and execute Preventive Maintenance practices for mechanical systems to improve overall site asset utilization.
• Generate management of changes documentation for solutions to mechanical equipment problems that deviate from original design.
• Maintain instrument specs and area Mechanical Drawings
• Participate and/or lead incident investigations associated with mechanical failures.
• Provide technical support to production group with mechanical and process issues.
• Work closely with production and maintenance personnel, corporate engineering, and construction contractors.
• Identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities for site.
• Assist in accounting for maintenance expense costs.
• Promote and maintain a behavioral based safety culture.
• Ensure safety audits are completed and tracked.
• Ensure that the appropriate maintenance and process safety information is accurately maintained to provide compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Prioritize corrective action resolution of area top ten bad actor equipment list.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferred. Extensive mechanical maintenance experience in Industrial setting may substitute.
• Experience: 5 to 7 years’ experience in industrial operations focusing on theoretical and working knowledge of rotating equipment.
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, SAP
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, write, and interpret common operational, mechanical, regulatory, and technical documents. Ability to effectively communicate and listen with diverse work group. Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
• Math Skills Effective communication skills both oral and written in dealing directly with management, peers, and entire workforce.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to communicate those same conclusions in both written and oral format. Ability to understand and solve complex problems. Ability to make decisions based on fact and reason rather than emotion.
• Special Demands: Ability to lead and participate in an Emergency Response Team compliant with all federal, state, and company rules and regulations.
• Physical Ability: Employee must pass respirator fit testing conducted by Clearon’s Medical Department and capable of donning personal protective equipment required to protect employee from work hazards. Employee must be able to be an active participant in chemical plant emergency response.
• Other: Confident, rounded thinking. Is self-aware. Is resilient, optimistic and open to change. Has an Adult:Adult, collaborative approach to others. A self-starter, motivated and able to positively motivate others. Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
Employee must be able to review and adhere to Safety and Health Considerations for the
given areas regarding process hazards and employee safety.
Clearon Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V