Clearon Corp. is a specialty chemical manufacturer based in Charleston, West Virginia. We are committed to the development and manufacturing of innovative chemistries and novel delivery solutions to the delight of our customers. Clearon consistently provides excellent customer service and product stewardship support in a highly regulated environment. We are committed to maintaining safe and reliable operations for our employees, and the communities in which we operate.
South Charleston, WV
The Operator Helper is required to operate both product filling and dumpback stations, bulk raw material unloading, and participate in the movement of product and raw materials by using designated mobile equipment. They will be required to operate non-hazardous unloading equipment. They will also work under the guidance of qualified operators to perform non-technical duties in the operating areas such as equipment cleaning and housekeeping.
This Position Reports To
• Team Leader
• Complies with all Plant Safety Policies and Work Rules
• Adheres to all State and Federal Regulations pertaining to the environment.
• Assist Operating Personnel in a Team environment.
• Complies with all Federal Regulations for operating mobile equipment.
• Reports all irregularities observed to supervision
• Assist Operating Personnel in moving finished product from packaging areas to staging areas and warehouse locations. Complete associated recordkeeping.
• Assist Operating Personnel in reprocessing off-spec product and/or dumping back raw materials to fulfill feed make-up requirements. Complete associated recordkeeping.
• Assist Operating Personnel as needed for correcting process problems such as clearing pluggages, cleaning-out buildups, etc. in a manner as to ensure quick turnarounds.
• Assist Operating Personnel as needed for maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
• Performs other duties as assigned to assist operating personnel including those duties that would require necessary overtime.
• This job position has no Supervisory Responsibilities.
• Associates degree in science related field, preferred.
• Must have High School Degree or GED.
• Two years of chemical plant experience or related manufacturing experience or a combination of both.
• Employee must have the ability to read and comprehend the English language regarding simple instructions, short correspondence, and plant memos.
• Employee must have the ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
• Employee must have the ability to apply common sense understanding when implementing instructions furnished in written, oral and/or diagram form.
• Employee must be able to deal with problems by using appropriate rational to complete assignments.
• Computer literate relative to Microsoft Office products.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Must maintain a valid state-issued driver license.
• Employee must be able to train and pass the necessary testing for Fork Truck, Track Mobile and Bobcat Certification.
• Ability to climb stairs, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
• Ability to pass and maintain respiratory fit testing conducted by company’s medical department and capable of donning personal protective equipment required to protect employee from work hazards.
• Ability to enter confined spaces defined by OSHA and as administered by company.
• Ability to work in a noisy environment.
• 12-hour rotating shift is typical.
Clearon Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V