The Payroll Specialist is responsible for preparation, review, and input control of weekly hourly payroll data and bi-weekly salary payroll data, along with supporting documentation and approval authority verification. Other responsibilities include general ledger account reconciliations along with other general accounting and HR- related work.
- Maintain master payroll file with current rates of pay and appropriate deduction information.
- Review payroll input data and resulting edit reports.
- Maintain payroll subledger, prepare and control disbursements for garnishments, club dues, etc.
- Reconcile monthly general ledger accounts.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures, systems, and techniques.
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal or no supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly productive, adaptive, and self-motivated.
- Effective at multi-tasking.
- Capable of handling confidential information.
- Knowledge of SAP and ADP systems preferred.
- 2 plus years payroll experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.