Clearon Corp. is a premier, world-class manufacturer and worldwide supplier of water treatment chemicals.
South Charleston, WV
The Production Engineer position provides technical expertise to operating areas to maximize profitability and to optimize plant operations. This position provides for a safe working environment; assists in the training and development of operators, team leaders, and supervisors; provides support and assistance to the engineering function; controls product quality; assures process integrity; and compiles data used in support of engineering projects.
This Position Reports To
- Process Engineering Manager
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot and improve production processes.
- Mentor and educate workforce in chemical process day-to-day operations.
- Assist in meeting production goals while maintaining and/or improving product quality.
- Define raw material specifications within cost constraints.
- Lead statistical process control (SPC) group to optimize process and minimize waste.
- Provide distributive control system (DCS) support and configuration.
- Support health, safety, and environmental programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of unit operations including fluid flow, solids handling, heat transfer, process control, and equipment specification.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to lead and participate in a team setting.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written in dealing directly with management, peers, and entire workforce.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of chemical plant experience preferred.
- DCS support and configuration experience preferred.
Clearon Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V