Clearon Corp. is a premier, world-class manufacturer and worldwide supplier of water treatment chemicals.
South Charleston, WV
The Production Team Leader facilitates the operation of the manufacturing plant and directly controls the manufacturing process. This position actively and effectively supervises people to attain production plan goal(s). The Production Team Leader works a rotating 12 hour shift that includes weekends, holiday coverage, and occasional overtime.
This Position Reports To
- Production Manager
Positions Reporting To This Position
- Operation Technicians and other shift team members
- Responsible for the hands-on, safe, environmentally sound, and efficient operation of the manufacturing process.
- Has primary control of manufacturing process through Distributive Control System (DCS).
- Provides direction to shift team members; manages workforce performance, oversees employee development, and documents attendance and performance issues.
- Assumes direct responsibility for the manufacturing plant during off hours including Emergency Management-Incident Command (IC).
- Ensures adherence to plant safety rules including use of PPE and compliance with company policies.
- Communicates to all levels of the organization as appropriate to aid in the achievement of goals.
- Establishes priorities on shift for maintenance and lab technicians.
- Actively coaches operation technicians in conducting root cause analysis on equipment prior to notifying maintenance of a problem.
- Accurately reports employee work hours to the payroll department.
- Supports Statistical Process Control (SPC) activities.
- Obtains additional resources for the shift teams as required.
- Ensures work areas remain clean and any other housekeeping issues are addressed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s degree in a technical discipline or chemical operations preferred; or a combination of equivalent work experience and education.
- Must have general knowledge of operations, emergency systems, and chemical plant safety procedures.
- Must have proven record of making sound decisions in a manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding on the DCS system and functions.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite and other PC skills.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment preferable in a chemical plant.
- Team leader of supervisory experience preferred.
Clearon Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V