Regulatory Affairs Associate
Clearon Corp. is a specialty chemical manufacturer based in Charleston, West Virginia. For over fifty years, our products have been used in a variety of market applications across the globe. The company is committed to the development and manufacturing of innovative chemistries and novel delivery solutions. Clearon consistently provides excellent customer service and product stewardship support in a highly regulated environment. We are committed to maintaining safe and reliable operations for our employees, and the communities in which we operate.
Location: Chicago, IL or South Charleston, WV
This Position Reports To
- Director of Regulatory Compliance and Senior Counsel
- Ensure that product registrations, labels and SDS for both TSCA and FIFRA regulated products are timely produced and kept up-to-date with applicable regulations. This includes making EPA and/or state submissions, reviewing advertising, label information, and technical product data for accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- The ability to develop trusted relationships with external vendors, internal stakeholders, and graphic designers to timely produce work product.
- Serve as a source of regulatory expertise to internal stakeholders and maintaining regulatory expertise through continuous learning and professional development.
- Maintain compliance with state registration requirements and state regulations. Act as state registration expert, sharing expertise and support with external and internal stakeholders such as sales, marketing and customer service.
- Serve as a compliance “champion” driving regulatory compliance across departments and functions while reducing regulatory impacts and costs.
What we’re looking for:
- Creative thinking and a “can-do” problem-solving approach to regulatory affairs.
- A fearless commitment to regulatory compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience with FIFRA and TSCA regulations. Experience with other regulations applicable to the chemical industry such as REACH, CBP, FDA or USDA regulations preferred but not required.
- Experience working with federal, state or international regulatory agencies.
- 3+ years of experience in a regulatory, product development, or technical role.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- IT capabilities that include document-based management systems preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel (20-30%).
- Position may be based in Chicago, IL area or S. Charleston, WV.
Clearon is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V