Clearon Corp. is a specialty chemical manufacturer based in Charleston, West Virginia.We are committed to the development and manufacturing of innovative chemistries and novel delivery solutions to the delight of our customers. Clearon consistently provides excellent customer service and product stewardship support in a highly regulated environment. We are committed to maintaining safe and reliable operations for our employees, and the communities in which we operate.
South Charleston, WV
The Shipping Technician performs all loading and unloading of Clearon’s incoming and outgoing shipments.This position also verifies quantity, quality, labeling, and addressing of products and items of merchandise ready for shipment.
This Position Reports To
- Perform all duties associated with the grading, transporting, storage and safe handling of products.
- Maintain and organize storage areas and receive and unload incoming materials.
- Perform various warehouse duties such as: check weigh; sample and prepare products for shipment; load and unload bulk containers; move and inventory products in warehouse; and sample and segregate incoming raw materials.
- Operate Bin Washing equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform work in compliance with plant and specific area safety regulations.
- Maintain vehicles in clean, neat and safe condition.
- Abide with all established work rules.
- Perform housekeeping to maintain clean, neat and safe standards.
- Be knowledgeable, trained, and adhere to US Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) and Clearon regulations pertaining to pollution and handling hazardous materials.
- Report all irregularities to supervision and/or the HSE Department.
- Learn and adhere to all US DOT guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills are necessary to accomplish job responsibilities including completing required shipping papers.
- Be able to work days, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Be able to work unassisted with minimal supervision.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 3 – 5 Years of Warehouse/Shipping Preferred.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- Training to include but not limited to:
- Proper Fork Truck operation
- USDOT Awareness
- Environmental Awareness
Clearon Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V