Specifics of the role:
- Ability to perform detailed engineering calculations, drawings, and design for plant and construction installations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to coordinate activities with others
- Responsibilities will include the design and site inspections of scaffold structures, Material and Personnel lifts (construction hoists)
- Work with project management on various jobs
- Position is located in Charleston, WV
- Must have a minimum bachelor’s degree in civil / structural engineering.
- Must have a West Virginia PE license in civil or structural engineering
- Must be design capable and proficient using AutoCAD, Staad Pro or like design software.
- Responsibilities will include structural analysis and design, preparation of detailed design calculations and drawings, and site inspections.
- Must be willing to sign and seal documents prepared by the engineering staff under direct supervision of the candidate.
- Must be willing to conduct site inspections of installations and prepare letters of compliance.
- Must be willing to interact with the Charleston, WV Department of Buildings and other public agencies such as the Department of Transportation, and US Coast Guard.
- Must understand the UL, ANSI and ASME codes as well as OSHA regulations.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must be willing to think creatively, and work collaboratively with other engineer’s and drafts-persons in a team environment.
- Chemical plant or refinery experience required.
- structural steel: 10 years (Required)
- concrete : 10 years (Required)
Clearon is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D